Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
Each and every single person, irrespective of their present situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. We are all susceptible to experiencing the dangers brought about by disasters. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the range of this article, we are not able to say all of it. There are just a lot of tips, on the other hand, we will tackle a couple of them just the important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be put together in a couple of methods, on the other hand, one of the most essential is to make certain that there is at least one family member or a friend who is living far away and is able to contact all of you in the event that you lose communication with each other.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Be sure to know how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and particularly gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. And also, be certain that you have cash on hand since it is most likely that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that a number of stores are still open.
6. This one must always be an absolute must. Be certain that you allot some time to learn how to do first aid as well as CPR techniques. It will definitely be worth it to take some time to learn on how to save the life of another person or yours.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Be certain that you understand that there are particular forms of disasters that are more inclined to taking placing in certain areas and locations. Hence, find out what is more likely to take place in your area.